At REHAU, the safety of employees, customers and partners has top priority. Therefore, we are closely monitoring the development of the new corona virus Covid-19, which appeared in Wuhan, China in December 2019 and has since spread worldwide.
Employees and customers
Due to the continuing worldwide spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19), REHAU employees are advised to cancel business trips until further notice, even if they do not travel to and from risk areas designated by the Robert Koch Institute (RKI). For this reason, business appointments during this period by and with REHAU employees are being conducted via digital channels, for example as virtual conferences. In addition to adhering to hygienic standards, all employees are also strongly recommended to reduce large groups of people and personal contacts to a necessary minimum for the time being, and to avoid and cancel them if necessary. The minimization of contacts is to be achieved by
- restructuring work content
- avoiding that shifts meet each other
- ensuring that smoking areas are only visited alone
- ensuring that elevators are used individually
- avoiding carpools to and from work
In addition, since not everyone infected with COVID-19 has symptoms of illness and can immediately take measures to protect their colleagues, REHAU provides his employees with fabric masks to keep the risk of infection for everyone as low as possible. All those who are in direct contact with colleagues, customers and partners and cannot maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 metres must therefore wear a mask during working hours after receipt.
This is intended to minimize the risk of infection for all those involved, including customers and partners.
Where schools and kindergartens are being closed across the board due to the coronavirus, employees can contact their line managers to find an individual solution regarding childcare.
The supply chain
In the interests of our customers, we are focusing on a stable supply chain – from raw material purchasing to the delivery of goods.
For detailed information on the products that concern you, please contact your REHAU sales representative.
In the meantime, events cancelled and postponed by the organizers:
- Kantensymposium (DE) – 5 March 2020 ⇨ cancelled
- Geneva international Motor Show (CH) – 5-15 March 2020 ⇨ cancelled
- SHK Essen (DE) – 10-13 March 2020 in Essen ⇨ 1-4 September 2020
- Internationale Handwerksmesse IHM (DE) – 11-15 March 2020 in Munich ⇨ tbd
- Mostra Convegno (IT) – 13-16 March 2020 in Milan ⇨ 8-11 September 2020
- Fensterbau Frontale (DE) – 18-21 March 2020 in Nuremberg ⇨ cancelled
- Holz Handwerk (DE) – 18-21 March 2020 in Nuremberg ⇨ cancelled
- IFH/Intherm (DE) – 21-24 April 2020 in Nuremberg ⇨ cancelled
- Industrieschau Hannover Messe (DE) – 20-24 April 2020 in Hannover ⇨ 13-17 July 2020
- Salone del Mobile (IT) – 20-25 April 2020 in Milan ⇨ 16-21 June 2020
- FTTH Council (DE) – 21-23 April 2020 in Berlin ⇨ 1-3 December 2020
- IFAT (DE) – 4-8 May 2020 in Munich ⇨ cancelled
- InnoTrans (DE) – 22-25 September 2020 in Berlin ⇨ rescheduled to 27.-30. April 2021, Berlin
- CHILLVENTA (DE) – 13-15 October 2020 in Nuremberg, cancelled ⇨ 11.-13. October 2022, Nuremberg
- Sicam (IT) – 15-18 October 2020 in Pordenone ⇨ rescheduled to 12.-15. October 2021
Of course, we will continue to monitor developments closely, react immediately and, in this exceptional situation, keep our employees, partners and customers informed and support them wherever possible. Concepts for a return to the offices have been developed and are already being implemented. The return, however, will take place gradually - in shifts, for example, in compliance with safety regulations and with appropriate protective equipment.
Only together we are able to slow down the further spread of the virus with reason and foresighted action and thus protect colleagues. Stay healthy!