Choosing the right windows and doors for your home is not a myth as long as you select a uPVC Window and Door system supplier that will give you a quality product that will last for years. This buying guide has been created to help you choose the right uPVC Windows and Doors for your home:
· Window Style: Choose a window style which will enhance both the look and value of your property. Think carefully about window proportions, the colour you select, the configuration of any opening lights and even the addition of coloured or leaded glass. Your installer should be able to advise you and show you photos of previous installations in properties similar to yours.
· What type of glass do you need? It is well known that double glazing can significantly reduce heat loss from your home, but triple glazing and ‘low emissivity’ glass can reduce it even further. In areas where safety is paramount toughened or laminate glass should be chosen, whilst asking for a wider gap between the panes of glass can help improve sound insulation.
· Window Supplementary: Consider adding authentic touches to your new windows, either to match the existing windows which are being replaced or to ensure they are in keeping with your property. Additional features available include Georgian Bars, arched head inserts and sash horns.
· Window Certifications: Ask your installer about the accreditations for the uPVC Windows and Doors system they are using. The window systems should have passed the Cytotoxic tests for healthy living environment, Air leakage tests for energy savings, Severe weathering tests to survive the range of climatic conditions we have in India.
· Choosing your supplier/installer: When selecting the company to manufacturer and/or install our new windows and doors or your new uPVC conservatory make sure you ask for recommendations and always ask to see examples of work already carried out by the company. Make sure you choose a reputable supplier.