REHAU is a leading international systems manufacturer in construction, automotive and industry. Since our inception in 1948, we have grown continually based on the strength of our innovation and commercial business management. Starting as a three-man production operation, REHAU has evolved to become an independent corporate group, active throughout the world.
REHAU Success Story
- 1948 Company is founded with 3 employees in the Bavarian town of Rehau
- 1951 Manufacturing of arm straps and sideboards begins for the VW Beetle
- 1954 REHAU participates in Germany's first heart operation using silicone tubing
- 1959 REHAU Plastics Inc. is founded in North America
- 1967 First employee performance assessment with results linked to a variable salary scale
- 1969 North American headquaters is established in Montreal
- 1975 REHAU creates the profession of plastics technician
- 1976 Plants open in Sao Paulo, Brazil; Winnipeg, Manitoba; Feuchtwangen, Gemany
- 1978 REHAU produces the first polymer bumper for the VW Passat
- 1979 North American headquaters moves to Leesburg, Virginia
- 1983 Our number of employees worldwide surpasses 5,000
- 1993 New plant opens near Mexico City. New sales offices: Posen, Poland; Celaya, Mexico; Buenos Aires, Argentina. Asia/Australia's first R&D division is established in Bangkog
- 2000 Company founder, Helmut Wagner, transfers management of the corporate group to his sons. Jobst Wagner is named president of the Supervisory Board; Dr. Veit Wagner is named vice president
- REHAU Today: Approximately 18,000 employees worldwide, including more than 1,300 in Asia / Australia.
At more than 170 locations throughout more than 50 countries, more than 18,000 employees contribute to our company's success and growth. Together they create synergies throughout the world: from Singapore to St. Petersburg, from Leesburg to Lyon, from Melbourne to Munich. REHAU is active on six continents and is continually expanding our network.