Initial plans for a Warsaw Metro were made way back in 1925. However, it was not until 1995 – a full 70 years later – that the first section was opened. The Metro Warszawskie is Poland’s only underground railway system and consists of one line that runs from north to south in parallel to the Vistula river.
To accommodate the increasing amount of traffic on the network, Warsaw built a second line under the Vistula river which bisects the city. The project cost billions to realize. Following the construction of the first line taking 25 years, the first section of the second line was opened in March 2015, just five years after building commenced. This new section increased the length of the network (initially 23.1 km with 21 stations) by 6.1 km and a further seven stations.
To date, we have delivered 16 km of cover profiles and 4,000 conductor rail carriers for the Warsaw Metro.
Metro Warszawskie Sp. z o.o.