This seminar provides a fundamental understanding of acoustical performance of windows and doors.
- Understand sound transmissions experienced in today’s living environments;
- Discuss regulatory requirements for noise and sound abatement;
- List relevant ASTM test standards, describe differences between Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Outdoor Indoor Transmission Class (OITC) and relate how to interpret test reports for windows and doors;
- Explain how to determine a required sound abatement level for fenestration products;
- Describe fenestration solutions for sound abatement;
- Match windows and doors with wall performance for effective sound abatement;
- Experience different sound reduction measures in a room, when different sound sources are on the outside of the building.
Who should attend: Architects, builders, design/build firms, project owners
AIA CES REH0853D