New Global Player in the Polymer Industry
- REHAU Verwaltungszentrale AG takes over the globally active MB Barter & Trading AG (MBT).
- The Swiss trading and purchasing company REHAU GmbH as well as its global subsidiaries join forces with the acquired MBT entities to become a leading manufacturer of polymer solutions.
- REHAU’s know-how in materials, processes, and applications, together with MBT’s worldwide trading and distribution excellence result in a combination of complementary core competencies in high-quality polymer solutions.
- REHAU and MBT will combine both their competencies in a new organisation under one umbrella brand. The cooperation opens up significant opportunities for growth, increases global presence and strengthens the relationship with suppliers and customers.
- The new company will be governed by a Board of Directors consisting of Jobst Wagner (president) and Thomas Endres, while the Executive Committee is led by Dr. Stefan Girschik who serves as CEO, Philipp Endres who acts as Deputy CEO and Marco Zahnd who acts as CFO.
- The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2018, subject to customary closing conditions and approval of antitrust authorities.
Muri bei Bern and Steinhausen, Switzerland (13.09.2018)
The REHAU Verwaltungszentrale AG and MB Barter & Trading AG, two Swiss polymer companies, today announced that they have signed an agreement for a merger of equals. This integration aims to combine the strengths of both in a new and independent company with a volume of USD 2.5 billion. The transaction includes REHAU GmbH in Muri bei Bern, Switzerland, as well as the worldwide subsidiaries of the MBT Group. The two companies expect the transaction to close in the second half of 2018, subject to customary closing conditions and approval of antitrust authorities.
The vertical integration enables a complementary combination of key competencies in technological polymer solutions and the utilization of the individual strengths of two leading global petrochemical companies with a long tradition and Swiss quality. It combines REHAU's decades of experience in materials, processes and applications with MB Barter & Trading's expertise in trading and distribution. All 30 global offices enjoy a reputation as a highly reliable full service provider and have established powerful relationships with suppliers and customers.
The new company strengthens its competencies in polymer-based solutions and thus, offers more competitive prices as well as more efficient and optimized trading and distribution services to the clients. In addition, the merger presents significant opportunities for digitalization, recycling solutions and global expansion.
With a highly qualified workforce and a strong culture of innovation, reliability and quality, customers benefit from the development and delivery of high-quality, state-of-the-art products and solutions. The new company adopts a “best of both” approach and creates an open, trustworthy environment for employees, suppliers and customers. “Joining forces allows the new company to respond more quickly to changing market conditions, innovate faster, become more efficient and create higher value for not only the customers, but also for employees and stakeholders alike.” said Dr. Stefan Girschik, deputy CEO at REHAU and future CEO of the newly established company.