REHAU manufactures silicone hoses for almost every area of application, available in a broad range of sizes and specifications to meet the individual requirement. Our silicone hose product range is made up of the following:
- RAUSIL - 'Talcum-coated' silicone hose providing a lubricated surface for easier processing e.g. cutting to length.
- RAULAB - 'Untalcumed' silicone hose, better transparency, used for applications where visual monitoring is required, e.g. in laboratory work.
- RAUSIMOLL - 'Foamed' silicone hose, providing thermal insulation in extreme temperatures.
- RAUSILAM - 'Fibre-reinforced' silicone hose, used in applications where high- pressure and temperature resistance is required.
- REHAU's RAUSILAM hoses have been specifically developed for the area of Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM). REHAU provides a unique solution for this industry.
Typical applications of REHAU silicone profiles include:
- Milk hoses for agriculture
- Hoses for vending machines - hot and cold applications
- Hoses for industrial kitchen equipment in food and beverage applications
- High-pressure hoses for the automotive industry
- High-pressure hoses for resin transfer in the aircraft/transportation industry
- High-pressure hoses in machinery and plant equipment construction
- Hoses for laboratory control
Typical properties of REHAU Silicone RAU-SIK:
- Resistant to a constant temperature in dry heat of up to approx. +392°F, in special formulations up to approx. +572°F and to approx. +599°F for a short time
- Flexible at low temperatures up to approx. −76°F, special formulations up to approx. −130°F
- Permanently elastic at high and low temperatures
- Excellent shape retention once solid
- Ageing, weathering, ozone and UV-resistant
- Neutral smell and taste
- Resistant to many chemicals
- Electrically insulating
- Without plasticizers, therefore no plasticizers migration
- Vapor and steam-resistant up to approx. 2 bar
- Flue-gas resistant