Data Privacy Protection
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to REHAU and to the way we conduct our business in compliance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA"). We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what information REHAU may collect, how REHAU collects, uses and safeguards that information and with whom we may share it.
This Policy applies to all individuals including customers and prospects, users of REHAU products and services, visitors of REHAU sites, visitors of REHAU websites, and users of REHAU apps/applications, who provide REHAU with personal data or whose personal data is otherwise collected, used and/or disclosed by REHAU in connection with and/or for the purposes of its operations.
1. Personal Data Collected by REHAU
Depending on the specific nature of your interaction with REHAU, personal data which REHAU may collect from you include your name, gender, telephone number(s), residential/mailing address(es) and email address; nationality, date of birth, marital status, NRIC or passport numbers, and applicable visa or permits (such as employment pass, work permit, permanent residency status); employment information, employment history and academic qualifications; the name and contact particulars of your next-of-kin, photographs and other audio-visual information, biometric data, health related information, financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information, etc.
How REHAU Collects Personal Data
Generally, REHAU may collect personal data from you in one or more of the following ways or circumstances:
- when you interact with REHAU's staff via telephone calls, emails, other correspondence and/or face-to-face meetings;
- when you visit REHAU’s premises;
- when you specifically request that REHAU contact you or request to be included in an email or any mailing list maintained by REHAU;
- when you respond to any request by REHAU for the provision of personal data;
- when REHAU receives references or referrals from its business partners or other third parties;
- when you attend or participate in any event organized by REHAU;
- when you submit your personal data to REHAU pursuant to a job application; and/or
- when you submit your personal data to REHAU for any other reason related to REHAU's ordinary course of business operations.
Through its websites, REHAU will not collect any personal data about you, unless you voluntarily choose to provide it to us (e.g., by registration, survey). If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not submit it to us.
No personal data should be submitted to REHAU by children without the consent of their parent or guardian. REHAU encourages all parents or guardians to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of their personal data while using the internet. REHAU will not knowingly collect or use any personal data collected from children for any purpose whatsoever, including disclosure to third parties.
Purposes of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Generally, REHAU collects, uses and/or discloses personal data from you for one or more of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with REHAU, including evaluating performance; evaluating the suitability and eligibility to be engaged by REHAU;
- processing payment transactions;
- sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, rewards schemes and other promotions; contact you about a REHAU offer in support of your business needs or to conduct surveys to understand better our customers' needs and profiles;
- store and process personal data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to better understand your business needs and improve our products and services;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Unless otherwise authorized under the PDPA or any other applicable law, REHAU will not collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent or deemed consent.
REHAU will take reasonable steps to highlight the purposes at the point or time of collection of the personal data, including:
- via express provisions in contracts, application forms and/or registration forms to be signed with or submitted to REHAU;
- via notifications on REHAU's websites;
- in the course of verbal communications.
- voluntarily provide your personal data to REHAU for the specified purposes;
- use or access REHAU's website(s) or computer network or applications;
- enter REHAU's premises or using any of the facilities thereon; and/or
- attend or participate in events or programs organized by REHAU,
Disclosure of Personal Data
In carrying out one or more of the above purposes, REHAU may need to disclose your personal data to the following third parties for one or more of the above purposes:
- any of REHAU's third party service providers or agents;
- any external vendor that is providing services or products in partnership or collaboration with REHAU;
- REHAU’s headquarters, overseas affiliates, and professional advisors;
- any person to whom disclosure is permitted or required by any statutory provision or law;
- any permitted assigns; and/or
- any local or foreign regulatory body, government agency, statutory board, ministry, department or other government body and/or its officials.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection of Personal Data
REHAU takes precautions to ensure the security of your personal data and strives to keep it accurate. We carefully protect your personal data from loss, destruction, falsification, manipulation, and unauthorized access or unauthorized disclosure.
REHAU shall make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to personal data in its possession.
If REHAU transfers personal data outside Singapore, REHAU will take reasonable steps to ensure that such personal data transferred receives a standard of protection comparable to the protection received under the PDPA and such transfer shall be subject to this Policy. REHAU will ensure that third parties who receive personal data from REHAU protect such personal data in a manner consistent with this Policy and not use such personal data for any purposes other than those specified by REHAU, by incorporating appropriate contractual terms in its written agreements with these third parties.
Links to Other Websites
REHAU Websites contain links to other websites. REHAU is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. REHAU is not responsible for the security and/or management of personal data shared by you with third party websites accessible via links on REHAU's website.
Accuracy of Personal Data
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Retention of Personal Data
REHAU will retain personal data for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by the relevant laws and regulations.
Data Protection Officer
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
REHAU Pte. Ltd.
1 King George’s Avenue #02-00, REHAU Building
Effect of Policy and Change of Policy
This policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective Date: September 9, 2020