REHAU is proud to announce that its Aspekt+ 1800 casement won the Most Innovative Window category in the 2022 Window + Door awards.
Judges reviewed entries in eight categories to determine which products exemplified innovation and answered a market need in a unique, effective way.
In its article announcing the winners, the magazine stated: Despite continuing operations in an environment rife with ongoing labor problems, evolving supply chain and material procurement disruptions and more, the 2022 Window + Door Award winners actively responded to the needs of the market by developing products that address customer needs around aesthetics, safety, performance and more."
See the full list of 2022 Window + Door Award winners here.
REHAU Aspekt+ 1800 outswing casement window
REHAU Aspekt+TM 1800 features a strength-enhancing sash in the company’s innovative RAU-FIPRO® glass-fiber reinforced PVC material. The new Aspekt+ 1800 is designed to meet stringent Passive House requirements while addressing the growing residential and commercial demand for larger windows. Offered in a wide range of colors with 3 1/4 in, 3 3/8 and 3 1/2 in (83, 86 and 89 mm) frame depths and 1 11/16 in (43 mm) glazing capacity, the system is designed to achieve STC ratings up to 42 dB, OITC 34, structural NAFS ratings up to CW-PG100 and a U-value down to 0.14.
What the judges said
In explaining their selection of Aspekt+ 1800, contest judges said:
- This is a solidly built casement window.
- As the desire to fill larger openings continues to grow, the strength of the product must also. This is a step in the right direction.
- Utilizing a reinforced inner core capped with UPVC for improved appearance and improved strength gives this product the innovation award.
- The energy efficiency is fantastic.
- The Aspekt+ continues the REHAU trend of introducing cutting-edge products. This glass-fiber reinforced vinyl window's ability to simultaneously deliver Passive House U-values, great sound attenuation, high structural ratings and large sizes is exactly what the marketplace increasingly requires.
For more information, visit www.na.rehau.com/aspektplus
The REHAU Group develops, manufactures and markets polymer-based solutions for automotive, construction, furniture, materials, medical and industrial sectors throughout the world. The independent, family-owned group of companies operates in more than 190 locations with more than 20,000 employees. Passionate and committed, REHAU teams work each day toward the common goal of improving lives through the use of innovative, sustainable technologies: Engineering progress. Enhancing lives.