- MUNICIPEX PEXa carrier pipe is compatible with AWWA C800 fittings using standard pipe wrenches. No specialized tools required.
- Up to 300 ft. coils, also available cut to length.
- Use your own tracer wire in the pre-installed conduit.
- 2 in. MUNICIPEX can be tapped with service saddles. See REHAU Technical Bulletin 259 for clarification.
Follow all handling and installation instructions found on the packaging and in the installation guide. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure fittings selected meet local jurisdiction codes. For additional information, contact your regional REHAU sales office.
MUNICIPEX PEXa carrier pipe certifications and listings
- Produced to CTS (Copper Tube Size) SDR9
- Compatible with AWWA C800 fittings.
- Certified to AWWA C904
- Certified to CSA B137.5
- Certified to ASTM F876
- Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 14 and 61 (NSF-pw)
- Tested in accordance with UV resistance to ASTM F2657 for a period of 1 year
- Exceeds chlorine resistance requirements of ASTM F876, when tested in accordance with ASTM F2023
- Compatible with AWWA C800 valves and fittings
Minimum burst pressure requirements
- 475 psi @ 73.4°F (3,310 kPa @ 23°C)
- 210 psi @ 180°F (690 kPa @ 82.2°C)
- 180 psi @ 200°F (550 kPa @ 93.3°C)
Temperature and pressure ratings
- 200 psi @ 73.4°F (1,380 kPa @ 23°C)*
- 160 psi @ 73.4°F (1,105 kPa @ 23°C)
- 100 psi @ 180°F (690 kPa @ 82°C)
*Continuous-use ratings using design factor of 0.63. See REHAU Technical Bulletin 239 for clarification.