Information on data privacy
We take the protection of your private data very seriously. We consider the security of your personal data, such as name, address, telephone number or email, an important issue that we take into account in our business processes. We operate our activities in accordance with the applicable United States and Canadian laws for data protection and data security. Hereinafter we will inform you about the way we handle personal data, which you entrust to us.
Unless otherwise indicated herein, this website is governed and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States and Canada and is intended for the use of residents of the United States and Canada.
Personal data management contact
The acquisition and processing of personal data follows legal regulations. Questions and comments on this Privacy Notice can be directed to:
Legal Department: Privacy Notice
1501 Edwards Ferry Rd., NE
Leesburg, VA 20176
Phone: (703) 777-5255
1. Name and address of the responsible body
1501 Edwards Ferry Rd., NE
Leesburg, VA 20176
2. Processing purposes and legal basis
We will not collect any personal data via our websites without your consent. You alone decide whether you want to disclose such data, for example, as part of a registration, order or form.
If you render available data for this purpose within the framework of an approval, you can withdraw this approval to use your data at any time. Up to the point of such revocation, REHAU’s data processing shall remain legal.
Generally, we use your personal data to answer your requests, process your orders or provide access to specific information or offers.
For maintaining customer relationships, it can also be necessary that:
* We save and process your personal data and disclose it, for example, to REHAU Group companies, to be able to better respond to your requests or improve our products and services.
* We (or a third party we commission) use this data to inform you about REHAU offers that benefit your business or to carry out online surveys that we use to better meet your requirements.
Within the framework of data acquisition, REHAU will always inform you which data is absolutely necessary to process your inquiry and/or to implement the contract.
We will respect your decision to not let us use your personal data for promoting our customer relationship, particularly for direct marketing or market research. We will neither sell your personal data to third parties nor use it commercially in any way.
3. Duration of storage
We will delete your data when required by law or, when applicable, you revoke your approval for us to maintain the data.
4. Planned data transmission to third countries
For the purposes mentioned in this information on data privacy, we may pass on your personal data to other REHAU companies. The other companies may use your personal data for the same purposes as we do. In particular, those companies may process your personal data for the purposes mentioned herein. Within the REHAU Group, employees shall have access to your personal data only as required for the fulfilment of their activities.
Moreover, we may pass on your personal data to third parties outside of the REHAU companies in order to make use of technical or organizational services, which we need for the purposes mentioned or for our other business activities. Our service providers are obligated to process personal data exclusively by our order and according to our instructions. We obligate our service providers also to observe technical and organizational measures, which promote the protection of personal data.
5. Use of the SnapEngage live chat tool
Upon request, SnapEngage will pass this data on to us. This data will be used for in-company purposes only.
6. Use of Google Analytics web analytics service
Furthermore you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Deactivate Google Analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by "anonymizeIp" to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
7. Use of etracker web analytics service
This website uses etracker technology (www.etracker.com) to collect and store data for marketing and optimization purposes. Anonymized usage profiles can be generated from these data. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the browser storage of a website visitor. They enable the recognition of the browser on subsequent visits. The data collected with etracker technology will not be used to identify a visitor of the website and will not be aggregated with personal data without the explicit consent of the visitor. The collection and storage of data may be refused by a visitor at any time, at which point no further data will be collected: Deactivate etracker.
8. Use of Facebook plugin
On our website, we use a pixel from Facebook Inc. This allows user behavior to be tracked after a user has been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. The process enables evaluation of the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes, and can contribute to the optimization of future advertising activities. The data gathered remains anonymous for us, offering us no way to determine the identity of users. However, the data is saved and processed by Facebook, meaning a connection to the relevant user profile is possible and Facebook can use the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with Facebook data usage guidelines: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
The data may facilitate ads being shown by Facebook and its partners on and outside Facebook. Furthermore, a cookie can be stored on your computer for these purposes.
9. Use of YouTube plugin
To embed videos on our websites we use plugins from YouTube LLC (represented by Google Inc.) among other things. When you use our website, a connection is established to the YouTube servers and the plugin is displayed. This results in information being transmitted to the YouTube servers about which of our pages you have visited. If you are signed in to a YouTube account, YouTube records this information and allocates it to your personal user account. The use of the plugin also results in information being recorded in relation to your personal account when e.g., the start button of a video is clicked. You can prevent this information being recorded by logging out of your YouTube account and other user accounts with YouTube LLC and Google Inc. before using our websites and deleting the relevant cookies for these companies. You can find further information on data processing and tips on data protection from YouTube (Google) at: https://www.google.de/intl/en-GB/policies/privacy/.
10. Use of Microsoft plugin
Our website uses a conversion tracking tool from Microsoft Corporation. This involves a cookie being placed on your computer by Microsoft Bing Ads if you are directed to our site via a Microsoft Bing ad. This allows Microsoft Bing and us to detect that someone has clicked on the ad, been redirected to our website and reached the previously determined target page (conversion page). This process only informs us of the overall number of users who have clicked on a Bing ad and then been redirected to a conversion page. No personal information relating to the identity of the user is disclosed. If you would not like to take part in this tracking process, you can refuse to allow the necessary cookies to be placed on your computer – for example using a browser setting that prevents cookies being placed automatically. Further information on data privacy and the cookies used by Microsoft Bing can be found on the Microsoft website at: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement.
12. Health Insurance Plan Transparency in Coverage Rule: These links lead to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data. Anthem and AL BCBS
Automatically collected information which is not personal data
Cookies are small text files that are usually saved onto the computer from a website. Cookies serve many different purposes. Almost exclusively, they contain information that is required for a comfortable use of the internet. Classic examples for tasks of cookies are: Login data, saving of shopping basket, user analysis, form fields. Information saved in cookies may contain: Lifetime, server name, unique ID, content data.
- Session cookies Session cookies are purely technical cookies that are required for our website to function properly.
- Tracking cookies Tracking cookies are used to analyse user behavior during visits to our website. REHAU and, where applicable, the responsible body receives valuable information as to how the website is used, which permits REHAU and, where applicable, the responsible body to target the website more effectively to the interests of the visitor.
- Commercial cookies In addition to our own cookies, we use third-party cookies in order to display personalized advertisement on our and other websites. This process is referred to as "retargeting." It is based on your activity on our website.
- Data integrity We have technical and organizational safety procedures in order to ensure the safety of your personal data, and to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against unintentional loss, modification, disclosure or access.
- Your rights You have the possibility of verifying the observation of the data protection specifications. For this purpose, you have the following rights:
- Right to demand information
- Right of access and refusal
- Right of correction, erasure and restriction
- Right to data portability
Also, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) you have the right to (1) opt out of a sale of your personal information, and (2) the right to access your personal data collected in the last twelve (12) months, and (3) in certain circumstances have personal data erased.
If you have any questions about your rights with respect to processing of your personal data under the CCPA or otherwise, you can get in touch with the Responsible Body mentioned herein via the methods and locations shown above for Personal Data Management Contact. Also you can use those same methods to make a request for information, suggestions or complaints. Moreover, you have the right to get in touch with the competent regulatory authority at any time. On request, REHAU will let you know in accordance with the applicable law whether and which personal data about you we have saved. If incorrect information was saved despite our efforts on the behalf of data integrity and timeliness, we will correct these at your request.