MUNICIPEX water service | Mechanical & plumbing | REHAU
MUNICIPEX® water service is engineered specifically for water service line applications that run from the main to residential and commercial structures.
Manufactured by REHAU, MUNICIPEX water service is offered in diameters 3/4 to 2 in. and in coil lengths of up to 1,000 ft (304.8 m). Backed by a 25-year limited warranty.
- Compatible with AWWA C800 fittings using standard pipe wrenches. No specialized tools required.
- 2 in. MUNICIPEX water service can be tapped with a service saddle. See REHAU Technical Bulletin 259 for clarification.
- Using a squeeze-off tool to temporarily stop the water flow through MUNICIPEX water service will not cause permanent damage or deformation to the service line, and is the fastest and cleanest way to temporarily stop flow.
Follow all handling and installation instructions found on the packaging and in the installation guide. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure fittings selected meet local jurisdiction codes. For additional information, contact your regional REHAU sales office.
MUNICIPEX water service certifications and listings
- Produced to CTS (Copper Tube Size) SDR9
- Compatible with AWWA C800 fittings.
- Certified to AWWA C904
- Certified to CSA B137.5
- Certified to ASTM F876
- Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 14 and 61 (NSF-pw)
- Tested in accordance with UV resistance to ASTM F2657 for a period of 1 year
- Meets chlorine resistance requirements of ASTM F876, when tested in accordance with ASTM F2023
- Compatible with AWWA C800, ASTM F1055 electrofusion and Philmac® fittings.
Minimum burst pressure requirements
- 475 psi @ 73.4°F (3,310 kPa @ 23°C)
- 210 psi @ 180°F (690 kPa @ 82.2°C)
- 180 psi @ 200°F (550 kPa @ 93.3°C)
Temperature and pressure ratings
- 200 psi @ 73.4°F (1,380 kPa @ 23°C)*
- 160 psi @ 73.4°F (1,105 kPa @ 23°C)
- 100 psi @ 180°F (690 kPa @ 82°C)
*Continuous-use ratings using design factor of 0.63. See REHAU Technical Bulletin 239 for clarification.
Check our archive of technical bulletins, specifications, submittals and more.
Book a demo
Looking for a hands-on demonstration of our flexible MUNICIPEX systems?
Book a demo
Contact a MUNICIPEX expert
Looking for more information, as it relates to a specific project? Need help with a specification?
We'll contact you